Artistic Nude

A group which explores the beauty of the human form using any medium.

A note on Moderation and Featuring.

njwphoto njwphoto 16 posts

I wanted to issue a general statement on my selection criteria for moderation and features in this group. As you may be aware, I volunteered to assist in co-hosting this group a month or so ago, and have been seemingly alone in the efforts to keep the hosting job going.

I enabled moderation only because there were images showing up that were clearly not in line with the intent of the group, and I really wish to ensure that we keep the integrity of the group.

So… the group is artistic nude – Art is interpretive of course – but nude is not. In other words, you may or may not agree with what I believe to be artistic, and I certainly welcome debate on that topic from time to time (and I WILL give considerations to those that are willing to discuss the artistic merits of their works in a pleasant manner), but there is no room for interpretation on the term nude. At least the majority of the body MUST be uncovered. If the pubic area is covered, but the image still shows the rest of the body and has artistic merit, it will likely be accepted.

As for features… A little harder. I’m an artistic photographer myself. And there are times that I HATE my own work. There are certainly times that something speaks to me so I will feature it. But I will not just feature works for the sake of doing so.

So here’s an invitation. If there’s a piece that IS NOT YOUR OWN that you think deserves a feature spot, let me know. I’ll consider all input. Otherwise… I hope that you’ll agree with at least some of the works I select to feature.

So that’s where I’m at in this, and I offer this message so you have some idea of who I am and how I see the role of host.

Let’s keep the group strong and support the original intent to the fullest, and work together to overcome any transitional issues we may have!

Cheers and Good Light to you all!
Norm Wilson.

desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait