!Altered by Imagination - ✦2 per day✦

✦!Altered by Imagination✦ Open for Submissions ~ 2 Submission Per Day => If you submit more than 2 (TWO) it will be rejected

Featured Artist for April 2012 CAROL KNUDSON in Altered by Imagination

polly470 polly470 897 posts

FEATURED ARTIST APRIL 2012
Carol Knudson

~ ~ ♥ ~ ~
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~
~ ~ ♥ ~ ~

Carol Knudson

When I first came on to Red Bubble, about 14 months ago, I was drawn INSTANTLY to Carol’s work…as I got to ‘know’ her, I found a person that was sensitive, full of laughter, quirky and a true, true artist! After she wrote her bio for me I found we liked the same music as well!!
You can lose yourself in the magic and wonder that she creates, and I would love for you to join with me and celebrate the skill and artistic talent of a very special person.

Carol Knudson in her own words:

Since I was a small child I have always felt the need to express myself artistically and over the years dabbled into a little bit of everything. I completed a Diploma in Interior Decorating, did some sketching, acrylic painting, pastels, poetry, felting, and a dozen other mediums!! Too many to mention!

In 1998 I received my first (film) camera and found a love for photography! Albeit a very amateur photographer…So off I went to do a small course on the basics which helped somewhat! :) With lots of practice my photography has became passable…Still so much to learn! These days I use a Nikon D80 & D7000 with various lenses and the wonderful editing tool called, Photoshop!
I really admire the work of my favorite photographer, Frank Meadow Sutcliffe. And as a photographer I have a soft spot for a B&W image that has a nostalgic timeless feel. And would love to get into creative portraiture.

Back in October 2010 a friend recommended Red Bubble to post my work and a whole new & exciting world was opened up to me!! I was in awe of the work of fellow Bubblers, just like opening a creative treasure chest full of amazing art to explore and learn from!! It was to be a huge pivotal ‘WOW’ moment in my life. I had discovered the wonderful creative world of digital artistry!!
I remember as a child I would immerse myself in wonderful books, letting my vivid imagination take me to magical far away places… Places I can still see in my minds eye…places I can now create!

Over the years I would disappear into the musical world to the sounds of Pink Floyd, The Doors, Santana, Van Morrison, Rodriguez, Eva Cassidy, Cold Play, Nickelback, Adele…A world I still disappear into that touches emotions that I can now create!

I would have to say it is my burning passion to create and the many wonderful and sometimes sad experiences of my life that have been my main inspiration on my journey as a photographer and digital artist…

And the satisfaction I gain knowing that in some way my work touches the viewers hearts or brings a smile to their faces…is priceless!
Biggest thank-you’s to Polly and Rhonda for inviting me to be April’s featured artist! I feel very honored!

I am the Happiest Happy Dancer on the Bubble!! ♥

It was hard to choose a work that is my favorite… So because I love to create images that are magical, quirky, emotional and inspiring I chose ‘A Children’s Tale’ because I think it epitomizes that.

A Children's Tale….
by Carol Knudsen

Where do I start with choosing some of my all time favorite imaged of Carol’s…
Here…???

Ahhh….Chooooooo……
by Carol Knudsen

Here…

Be Still My Beating Heart…
by Carol Knudsen

Here….!

Ain't No Sunshine When He's Gone…
by Carol Knudsen

This…

You've Got A Friend….
by Carol Knudsen

Or here?

As She Slept…He Left By The Back Door….
by Carol Knudsen

I know I have only scratched the surface of Carol’s work, and I would love for you all to choose one of your favorites and include it in this celebration!

♥Polly
APRIL 2012

Kim Slater Kim Slater 380 posts

Congratulations Carol, exceptional work

Kim :o))

Astrid Ewing Photography Astrid Ewing P... 34 posts

Way to go Carol, very well deserved feature, lotsa love Astrid x

AuntDot AuntDot 4905 posts

Wonderful work, Carol. Congratulations!

Carol and Mike Werner Carol and Mike... 1036 posts

Gorgeous work, Carol . . . congrats on the wonderful feature!

Dwarkan Dwarkan 178 posts

Congrats to Carol….. her work is gorgeous !!!!!

Donna Keevers Driver Donna Keevers ... 76 posts

WOW, Carol! No wonder you’re a featured artist!! Amazing and excellent work!!!!

Congratulations!!! xxx

Carol Knudsen Carol Knudsen 230 posts

Thank you so very much Polly and Rhonda for this super happy dancing honor!! (Public thank you HERE )

Big thank you’s to Kim, Astrid, AuntDot, Carol & Mike and Dwarkan for stopping by and leaving such lovely comments!! (blushing…lol) ♥

Thank you so much Donna ♥

Cindy Schnackel Cindy Schnackel 5035 posts

Beautiful and well done work, congrats on your special feature!!!

Rhonda Strickland Rhonda Strickland 4083 posts

To the HAPPIEST DANCER, congratulations Carol!! Your work has been on my watchlist for quite some time… I love your creative, imaginative art and your taste in music is so very diverse… many of my faves in your list….

Well deserving of this celebration I look forward to sharing my favorites as the month passes….

Please feel free to post any of your work that you would like to share here…. This is a celebration of you, no shyness is allowed, tee hee.

Please share as much & as often as you would like…

Again, Congrats on your well-deserved feature here at Altered by Imagination

I will be back shortly to share some of my favorites!!

xox
Rhonda
4-6-12

Margi Margi 288 posts

super congrats Carol, wonderful work my friend :))))xxxx

tori yule tori yule 8211 posts

Congratulations Carol!! What a great honor and so well deserved. I love your work.

Yvonne Emerson Yvonne Emerson 17 posts

WOW your work is AMAZING! Congrats on being featured!

Lucinda Walter Lucinda Walter 8798 posts

Congratulations Carol!

Thank you so very much Cindy, Margi, Tori, Maudlinsoul and Lucinda for your beautiful words about my work…..So appreciated :) xx

MarieG MarieG 438 posts

This feature is so well deserved dear Carol…your work has always been such an inspiration to me ( I think I"ve told you that before…many times…but it’s so true!!) and many others here on RB…You deserve every bit of that honor…really happy for you!! ♥ Marie x

RicIanH RicIanH 50 posts

Wonderful creations.

Lynda Heins Lynda Heins 86 posts

Bravo!!

Hugest hugs Marie….You are so very kind!!!!! (blushing…lol…) :) x
Thank you Riclan for stopping by too!!!
And Lynda…Thank you my friend! :) x

Brenda Boisvert Brenda Boisvert 425 posts

Such wonderful work, many congratulations!!!

JUSTART JUSTART 507 posts

wonderful, congrats, love your work Carol !

polly470 polly470 897 posts

Ok…how can I NOT put this picture in…I LOVE this picture!!!

Il Vestito Rosso…
by Carol Knudsen

virginian virginian 13013 posts

Congratulations Carol !

aldona aldona 2170 posts

Congrats !