! Afrikaans, Beauty of Africa- closed temporarily - 2/day Captured location required in description

This group is open to anyone, (even if you don’t live in Africa). Photos and artwork welcome: wildlife, nature, anything

ERKENNINGS / FEATURES: 9 MEI / MAY 2013.

Elizabeth Kendall Elizabeth Kendall 2575 posts

Veels geluk aan al twaalf lede met puik werk wat vandag erkenning kry!
Congratulations to the twelve members with your features, outstanding work!!

You’re my sunshine by Rina Greeff
Die naam madeliefie, magrietjie of sommer daisy in die volksmond, word wyd gebruik vir ’n hele paar soorte madeliefie-plante. Die plant kan baie maklik met sukses van saad af gekweek word en kom ook maklik op in volle son in droë dele van die tuin.

Cosmos beauty by Maree Clarkson
Looking at my little garden.. just a while ago…
I saw a flower blooming and I love it so.
It’s tissue petals blowing in the breeze that is so light…
The ferny leaves all moving and buds so very tight.
Cosmos is it’s name and pink my favorite one…
A pretty garden treasure in the morning sun.
— Unknown

THIS ’OLE HOUSE by Mugsy
…..once rang with laughter
Namibia, Africa

The Drakensberg by DebbyTownsend
Spectacular!

Mountain trail to the end of the earth by Antionette
Mountain trail to the end of the earth…… or that is what this looks like to me. Picture taken on top of the mountain overlooking Hermanus, South Africa.

Milkweed Locust by Johanna26
As there name suggests, these large locusts prefer to feed on the milkweed plant Asclepias fruticosus. Its vivid coloration serves as a warning sign to all predators that it’s not going to make a tasty lunch. Feeding on the milkweed plant allows it to absorb toxins into its body that can be poisonous to other hungry creatures. While it may not be the most appetizing of snacks, it sure is a beautiful thing!

Iridescent by Macky
Orange Breasted Sunbird – Nectarinia violacea, Betty’s Bay, Western Cape, South Africa.

AFRICAN FISH EAGLE – Haliaeetus vocifer -Visarend by Magaret Meintjes
Distinguished from all other raptors by their fully feathered legs. Prey is killed either by impact or by crushing in powerful talons and flesh is torn by the well hooked bill. Most eagles hunt while flying, wheeling effortlessly in rising warm air, and are seldom seen perched in fair weather.

Rest And Watch by Michael Moss
Cheetah female relaxing while keeping a watchful eye. Phinda Reserve, South Africa.

This is my road! by Graeme Hyde
This young lion was lying in the centre of the road through Chobe National Park, Botswana, and had no intention of moving. It was obviously intent on attacking the “cats-eye” reflector in the road while the rest of the pride were spread along the roadside.

Zebras, Leroo-La-Tau , Botswana, Africa by Adrian Paul
This inquisitive little group stood in the one spot for five minutes and then seemed to sense that their photo shoot was over, so they trotted offf into the distance.

I also want to be in the photo! by jozi1

Maree Clarkson Maree Clarkson 3729 posts

Absolutely beautiful selections Liz! thankyou for including my image and congratulations to all the other featured artists, wonderful work!
Uitstekende erkennings vandag, veels geluk aan almal!

Johanna26 Johanna26 122 posts

Thank you Elizabeth for including my image in this absolutely stunning gallery …and a huge congratulations go out to all the artists …
fantastic work …. Johanna

Macky Macky 1172 posts

An honour to be on this page, thank you Elizabeth and congrats to the other fine artists!!

Rina Greeff Rina Greeff 511 posts

Baie dankie vir hierdie erkenning: groot waardering. Veels geluk ook aan die lede wie se pragwerke hier vertoon word!

Magriet Meintjes Magriet Meintjes 4056 posts

Baie geluk aan almal met erkennings meer as verdien, uitstekend! ’n Pragtige versameling Liz! Baie dankie vir die wonderlike voorreg om deel te wees daarvan!

Congratulations to all fellow members on well deserved features! Stunning selection Liz! Thank you so much for the honor to be part it!

Antionette Antionette 1036 posts

Geluk aan al die kunstenaars, ongelooflike werk weereens!
Congratulations to all the artists, once again an awesome combination of works!

Deborah V Townsend Deborah V Town... 419 posts

Dont you just love nature :) Well done everyone xx

desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait