! Afrikaans, Beauty of Africa- closed temporarily - 2/day Captured location required in description

This group is open to anyone, (even if you don’t live in Africa). Photos and artwork welcome: wildlife, nature, anything

ERKENNINGS / FEATURES: 23 AUGUSTUS / AUGUST 2012.

Elizabeth Kendall Elizabeth Kendall 2588 posts

Die nuwe erkennings is op ons tuisblad vir een hele week lank! Veels geluk!

The new features are on our homepage for one whole week! Congratulations!

Altyd lekker om mooi werk uit te soek! Baie dankie!

Beautiful work from our members, thanks so much!

Lion overlooking waterhole by gogston
This lioness (Panthera leo) was seen overlooking a waterhole in Kapama game reserve in South Africa. We followed her for a while until she decided it was time to take a rest, she picked an ideal spot.

Twilight in the Karoo by Rob Southey
The magical moment when the light fades and the stars appear over a windmill and Tafelkop Mountain. Location: our backyard, Lucernedale South Africa.

A Rustic Scene by Karine Radcliffe
A rural scene on the road somewhere after leaving the Drakensberg on the way to Ermelo, taken from our moving car during a recent holiday to South Africa.

Pretty ugly birds! by jozi1
Marabou Storks (Leptoptilos crumeniferus) are predominantly scavengers and compete with vultures for food, but occasionally will take live prey if the opportunity arises such as insects, frogs, birds and rodents. These were part of 5 together in an open field near Londolozi,South Africa.

Saddle Billed Storks, Moremi Wildlife Reserve, Botswana, Africa by Adrian Paul
We came across these magnificent and rarely sighted birds in the Moremi Wildlife Reserve in the Okavango Delta region of Botswana.

Landing Approach…. by Macky
PLEASE VIEW LARGE – Sacred Ibis – Theskiornis aethiopicus
Intaka Wetland – Cape Town – South Africa.

Qnette #003 by Qnita
This was my morning view for… 2012/08/14. Location: Petrusburg, Free State, South Africa.

NAMAQUA, QUIVER TREE LANDSCAPE by Magaret Meintjes
Captured location: Quiver Tree Forest, KOKERBOOMWOUD, Namaqua, Northern Cape, SOUTH AFRICA.

Stranglehold by naturalnomad
The roots of the strangler fig slowly engulf the trunk of its host tree, creating endless lines and patterns. Addo Elephant National Park, South Africa.

Elephant (Loxodonta africana) by Debby Townsend
Going from one camp to another within the Kruger National Park in South Africa, we came across this one Male Elephant. He was all by himself and looked rather sad. I see so many Elephants but it never seems to be enough.

That’s me, the small one!! by Johanna26
This photo was taken at the Addo Elephant Park, 72 km from Port Elizabeth during our stay in South Africa.

African Elephants, Serengeti National Park, Tanzania. by Carole-Anne
Enjoying a drink. African Elephant, Loxodonta Africana, Serengeti National Park, Tanzania, East Africa. Elephants must have access to water and enjoy spending time washing, playing and cooling off. African Elephants are classified as endangered. They are victims of large-scale poaching and habitat loss due to rapid human expansion.

FOTO van die WEEK / PHOTO of the WEEK:

A Quiet Bay by Karine Radcliffe
While on holiday in South Africa, this quiet little bay caught my eye. We were staying with family at Bettys Bay and this was just outside neighbouring Kleinmond Strand.

KUNS van die week / ART of the week:

Lente in “die Berg” by Antionette
Vuurpyle in hulle massas blom in sekere dele van die Drakensberg, Suid Afrika. Waterverf.

Magriet Meintjes Magriet Meintjes 4080 posts

Baie geluk aan almal, ’n pragtige versameling van kunswerk Liz! Baie dankie vir die eer om deel te wees daarvan!
“Stunning collection of amazing artworks!” Thank you so much for including my work and congratulations to all fellow members, well deserved!

Maree Clarkson Maree Clarkson 3806 posts

Uitstekende uitbeelding van ons pragtige land! Veels geluk aan al die erkende lede, pragtige werk!
A wonderful depiction of our beautiful country! Congratulations to all the featured artists, beautiful work!

Antionette Antionette 1036 posts

Baie dankie vir die erkenning, en baie geluk aan almal, daar is soveel pragtige werk en talentvolle lede hier in ons groepie!!!!

Deborah V Townsend Deborah V Town... 419 posts

Absolutely stunning work. Congratulations everyone!!!

Lynda Harris Lynda Harris 141 posts

Love all the elephant photos this week – well done everyone :-)))

Pieta Pieterse Pieta Pieterse 248 posts

Weereens baie mooi – ’n genot om deur te blaai!

Macky Macky 1189 posts

Thanks very much dear Elizabeth, congrats to the other featured artists too!!

Elizabeth Kendall Elizabeth Kendall 2588 posts

Baie dankie vir jul heerlike kommentaar hier Magriet, Maree, Antionette en Pieta! Thanks so much for the warm words Debby, Lynda and Macky, it is always a joy to do the features!

gogston gogston 22 posts

Great photos, much appreciated feature, a privelage to be among these other artists!

Johanna26 Johanna26 122 posts

A collection of awesome images which I enjoyed viewing, congratulations to all the featured artists and thank your
for including my image….Johanna

Rina Greeff Rina Greeff 511 posts
Pragwerke!! Veels geluk aan almal wat erkenning hier gekry het!
NikonMan NikonMan 565 posts

Congratulations to all featured here,well done one and all.

desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait
desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait