12 Great Features - Challenge Themes ONLY *(CLOSED FOR REFURBISHMENT)*

Submit your image into the challenges for a chance to be featured!

Trivia Challenge - Game Rules

Donna Adamski Donna Adamski 837 posts

Most everyone loves trivia, I know I do. So here we will play Trivial Pursuit according to the basic guidelines of the board game.

Q&A
Who can play?
Anyone who is a member of the 12 Great Features group, of course!
What does the winner receive? Trivia Winner Spotlight of the Week on the group’s home page – determined via a challenge. (No nudity or SF). Anyone that would like to contribute new/other prizes, please BM me.
How is the winner determined? The first 12 members to answer correctly two questions in each category – 12 questions (12 Great Features). A challenge will then be launched for ONLY those 12 to determine the overall winner for the Spotlight feature. (This may change with your input and suggestions. Still working out the kinks!)
What are the Categories? Geography, Entertainment, History, Art & Literature, Science & Nature, Sports & Leisure, Wild (could be any subject), People & Places, plus some new sub-categories.
How much time will I have? You will have one week to answer all the questions. Two questions from random categories will be posted daily for six days at various times (due to the different time zones). Game will be posted, 2 per day, Monday through Saturday, and end on the following Sunday at 10:00pm EDT (my time).
How do I submit my answers? Answers to all 12 questions + bonus questions will now be submitted all at once via e-mail to triviachallenge@yahoo.com.

How to Play – Rules
1. Your answer MUST contain the following information: Question # and correct answer, a link to where you found the answer or “I knew that one” or “my family/friend told me,” etc., and the date and time (ex. June 6, 4:30pm EDT) of your e-mail sent. Date and time only needs to be listed once after the last answer, the time just before you press the send button!! We want to see links to understand why the answer was incorrect and to make any changes necessary to avoid this.
2. Please only submit one answer per question. Read the questions carefully and don’t assume a search will lead you to the correct answer….double check KEYWORDS.
3.Two questions from random categories will be posted daily for six days at various times (due to the different time zones), each in a new post, Monday through Saturday.
4. All information in rule #1 must be included in your e-mail or your answers will be disqualified.
5. All 12 answers must be e-mailed to triviachallenge@yahoo.com no later than 10:00pm EDT USA on each Sunday. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please ONLY send one e-mail with all 12 answers + bonus question answers.
6. Now adding a bonus question for extra points, if needed! These will go toward any incorrect answers. You will need 3 correctly answered bonus questions to equal 1 challenge question.
7. Please use Game (#) as subject line.
8. Have fun!!

Any suggestions are welcome to enhance your enjoyment of the game.

Anne-Marie Bokslag Anne-Marie Bok... 624 posts

Hi Donna, I don’t understand the and the date and time (ex. June 6, 4:30pm EDT) of your e-mail sent in Rule # 1.

According to How do I submit my answers? we have to submit all answers in one e-mail. So what is the point in add the date and time of the e-mail sent to every question?

Btw, great game! Anne-Marie

The point behind the date and time is the first 12 to answer correctly, so we need to know when you submit your answers and any answers submitted after the closing time of 10:00pm on Sundays will be disqualified. And any who may try to get by that rule, the yahoo mail dates and times will be used.:)

Anne-Marie Bokslag Anne-Marie Bok... 624 posts

So, if I got it right, it is ok to mention the date and time I sent the e-mail once, at the end of the mail?

Yes, you only need to add it as a separate line below your answers in the e-mail….no need for it on each question. :)