St Ignatius church on Széchenyi tér (square). The church was built between 1634-41 to the designs of Baccio del Bianco. The two-towered facade was added to the church in 1726. The adjoining Jesuit monastic buildings are part of the school.
Since Roman times Széchenyi tér has been the centre of city of Győr, and it was here that weekly and annual markets, public meetings and festivals were held. In the middle of the square stands the Lady Column which commemorates the liberation of Buda from the Turks in 1686; there are also statues of saints. The houses on the square are from 17th-18th C. They include the Rosalie House, so called because below the oriel window is a stucco relief of St Rosalie. On the gable wall of the window can be seen a further relief, a pelican feeding its young (Hungary).