A digital painting, using Whistler’s Rainbow in DAP, of a view of Richmond in Autumn 1908.
The original image is from the out of copyright ‘Yorkshire Painted and Described’ by Gordon Home 1908. (Gutenberg Project)
Building of Richmond Castle was started in 1071 by Alan Rufus of Brittany, on land given to him by William the Conqueror as reward for his part in the victory over King Harold of England.
Today Richmond, situated in the North of Yorkshire, is a beautiful and historic market town with Georgian architecture, a cobbled market place, ancient monuments and the fast flowing River Swale.