This was one of the very first serious reproductions I did. I will never, ever sell this work because it took almost a year to complete. It was painted with oil glazes in layers and took about a year and a bit to complete. It’s very heavily varnished so to tone that down I had to add a little texture to make it viewable, plus altering a few of the darks which were lost in the photographic process.
Although for the most part I have moved away from doing these reproductions, I do believe it gives any artist a deep insight into how to paint, but I have found it difficult to loosen up, so beware there are pluses and minuses to doing this type of study.