Among the exhibits as the Blists Hill Museum is this full sized replica of a steam engine built in 1802 by the Coalbrokdale Company for Richard Trevithick. The only known information about it comes from a drawing preserved at the Science Museum, London, together with a letter written by Trevithick to his friend. It is not even known if the original was given a name.
It runs on a section of track between the Canal and the remains of the brick and tile works.
The original Trevithick design predated Stevenson’s Rocket by some 20 years.

Tags

blists, trevithick, steam, engine, train rocket, stevenson, museum, yampimon, shropshire, victorian, ironbridge

desktop tablet-landscape content-width tablet-portrait workstream-4-across phone-landscape phone-portrait