Among the exhibits as the Blists Hill Museum is this full sized replica of a steam engine built in 1802 by the Coalbrokdale Company for Richard Trevithick. The only known information about it comes from a drawing preserved at the Science Museum, London, together with a letter written by Trevithick to his friend. It is not even known if the original was given a name.
It runs on a section of track between the Canal and the remains of the brick and tile works.
The original Trevithick design predated Stevenson’s Rocket by some 20 years.