Bodelwyddan’s “Marble Church” is one of the best known and most spectacular churches in North Wales. It is dedicated to St. Margaret of Antioch.
The Pulpit has carvings representing, in five panels, Christ and Saints Matthew, Mark, Luke and John and these are supported by five figures of angels carved in relief. Thomas Earp, its creator was a Londoner who was apprenticed to a firm of wood carvers in the south-east of London in the 1840’s. Unfortunately, all records of his were lost in the bombings of the premises he originally founded. The pulpit was a gift of Emma and Harriet, two sisters of Lady Margaret Willoughby de Broke, who were very generous in their interest and support of the new parish church.
‘The Pulpit’ in The English Church Group
Pulpits with visible steps – Stairs Steps Staircases
Stairs Steps Staircases