The most notable building in Melverley is the black and white timber-framed St Peter’s Church which stands on the banks of the River Vyrnwy; it is one of only three such churches to be found in Shropshire and the oldest of its kind. The present church was rebuilt in 1406 after Owain Glyndŵr burnt it to the ground. There has been a place of worship on this site for over a thousand years.
Low Angle Photography
Beautiful in Black and White – Christian Churches, Statues & Crosses