The jetty in Aberdovey, Wales, UK
The original jetty was built in 1887, with railway lines connecting it with the wharf and the main line. The Aberdyfi & Waterford Steamship Company imported livestock from Ireland which were then taken further by the railway. Coal, limestone and timber were also imported.
The village was founded around the harbour and shipbuilding industry, but is now best known as a seaside resort with a high quality sands. The town centre is on the river and seafront, around the original harbour, jetty and beach