This is the real von Trapp Villa, which did not feature in “The Sound of Music” movie. It is located in Georg von Trapp Straße, in the district of Aigen in Salzburg′s south. The von Trapps lived here from 1923 to 1938. When the Nazis occupied Austria, Baron von Trapp and his family left Salzburg for Italy and on to the US. The villa then became the home of SS chief Heinrich Himmler.
After WW2, the property was returned to the Trapp family, who sold it to a Catholic missionary order. For many years it served as offices for the College of St. Josef Seminarians. It was recently bought by the present owners who intend to turn this magnificent villa into a hotel.
Nikkor 16-85mm VR