Downtown Ann Arbor, MI: Main Street at Liberty Street looking north in 1910. After 1890 shoppers could arrive Downtown by streetcar as well as carriage. Muddy shoes and skirts were no longer a concern after Main Street was paved with brick in 1898. By 1910, automobiles had virtually replaced all horse drawn transportation. The street cars were later replaced by buses.
This image is a restoration of a hand-colored photograph.