Taken in Port Adelaide, South Australia.
On Lipson Street, within a historic warehouse, is the South Australian Maritime Museum. The Museum is housed in the former Elders Bond & Free Stores; a joined pair of Victorian warehouses. These bluestone buildings were built mostly between 1854–1863. They were used as a warehouse until the 1970s when they began housing the Port Auction Mart. The site was purchased in 1980 by the State Government, during a program to redevelop the suburb. It was listed in July 1980 as a State Heritage Place. The buildings were restored, and converted to their current use, as part of the 1986 Jubilee 150 celebration.
Within the museum is a reconstructed ketch and displays showing the accommodation for ship travelling migrants. The Museum houses the Port Adelaide Nautical Museum Collection. At the Port Adelaide Institute a diverse curio collection was formed into a museum from 1872. It was changed to specialize in maritime objects in 1933. The collection is displayed in its original Victorian cabinets.
Superby Visual, July 2012
Canon 5D MKII
Canon EF70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM
Single RAW file.