Tacking Point Lighthouse is Australia’s third oldest lighthouse. It was built on a rocky headland about 8 kilometres south of Port Macquarie in 1879 by Shepherd and Mortley, to a design by the New South Wales Colonial Architect, James Barnet. It is operated by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority and is classified by the National Trust of Australia (NSW).
Tacking Point was named by explorer Matthew Flinders in 1802 during his 1802–1803 circumnavigation of Australia.
Olympus E-420 Focal Length 21mm, F/7.1 at 1/800sec and ISO 100.
Featured in Australian Coastal Towns 18/11/2012.