This is the oldest Anglican parish church in the City of Melbourne, was established in 1835 and first used in 1847. The Napier Waller "New Guinea Martyrs’ stained glass windows were installed in 1947.
The Madonna above the altar is 16th century Flemish.
From the steps of the church, Melbourne was declared a city on 25 June 1847, following receipt of the Letters Patent from Queen Victoria.
Taken with Olympus E-PL1.