The Rohr Aircraft Company was established on August 6, 1940 and consisted of Frederick Hilmer Rohr, two former Ryan engineers, and a couple of lawyers. The three-person design team worked out of the garage at Rohr’s home for two weeks, designing drop hammers and heat treatment tanks. Already known for his work at Ryan, Solar, and Boeing, Rohr had an easy time gaining an audience. Throughout WW II the company produced “power packages” that were utilized in the B-24 Liberator’s turrets. Today there one of world’s leading manufacturer of aircraft engine parts, including nacelles, cowlings, pylons, and thrust reversers.