Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mk II
Lens: Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
Exposure: 5 exposures (-2,-1,0,2 EV)
Focal Length: 35mm
ISO Speed: 100
Accessories: Manfrotto 190XB Tripod, Manfrotto 322RC2 Heavy Duty Grip Ball Head, Canon RC1 Wireless Remote
Date and Time: 9 February 2012 8.25pm
Imported into Lightroom
Exported to Photomatix
Tonemap generated HDR using detail enhancer option
Exported tonemapped image to CS5
Curves layer for contrast adjustment
Noise reduction layer
Re-imported back into Lightroom
Added keyword metadata
Exported as JPEG
From the website
It was in 1853 that the site for the Parish was fixed; but it was not until 1859 that it was established. On 14th November that year the Archdiocese of Melbourne applied for and was granted a half acre in the new land subdivision.
The Parish was initially named St. John Berchman’s after a young Jesuit Saint. Prior to this time the area had been under the care of the Jesuit Fathers of the Hawthorn Mission.
An appeal was launched in 1912 for people to buy 50,000 stones for the new Church. It is built of Barrabool stone from Waurn Ponds, Geelong. Father George Robinson was the builder.
The Foundation Stone was laid on 25th May 1913 by the Archbishop of Melbourne, the Most Rev. Thomas Carr D.D., in the presence of 45,000 people.
Our Lady of Victories was opened by the Archbishop of Melbourne, the Most Rev. Daniel Mannix, D.D., on the 6th October 1918, with 80,000 people in attendance. Special trains and trams had to be provided.
The church was consecrated on the 25th May 1925 by the Bishop of Sandhurst, the Most Rev. John McCarthy D.D. The stations of the cross were installed in 1929.
Pope John Paul II proclaimed Our Lady of Victories a Minor Basilica on the 9th December 1996.