Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mk II
Lens: Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye
Exposure: 3 exposures (-2,0,+2 EV)
Focal Length: 15mm
ISO Speed: 100
Accessories: Manfrotto 190XB Tripod, Manfrotto 322RC2 Heavy Duty Grip Ball Head, Canon RC1 Wireless Remote
Date and Time: 25 November 2011 4.39pm
Imported into Lightroom
Exported to Photomatix
Tonemap generated HDR using detail enhancer option
Exported tonemapped image to CS5
Curves layer for contrast adjustment
Selective Noise reduction layer
Selective Unsharp mask Crop tool
Re-imported back into Lightroom
Added keyword metadata
Exported as JPEG
From the Cathedral of St Stephen website
Work began on this little stone church in 1848… Fr James Hanly celebrated the first Mass in the church on 12 May 1850 when there were just sixty Catholic families in town.
In 1859, with the appointment of Bishop James Quinn, Brisbane became a diocese and the church a cathedral. When the new cathedral was opened in 1874 this church became a school room. During the past century it was used for school, church offices and storage, and was several times threatened with demolition.
Based on painstaking historical research and heritage reports, the bell tower has been rebuilt, the stone tracery in the windows reconstructed, and a timber shingle roof reinstated. In fact, it has been enhanced with treasures our ancestors could not have imagined: the West window is now filled with magnificent stained glass depicting Christ in glory and the story of St Stephen. The building will take its place in the cathedral precinct which serves as an oasis for shoppers and workers in the midst of a busy city.
The building now provides the cathedral with a small-scale worship space. The seating and sanctuary can be rearranged so that it is suitable for the Liturgy of the Hours, small group Masses, meditation groups, and weddings. The occasional spiritual talks or musical performances will also find a home in this sacred space. The whole of the worship space is located in the nave which is divided off from the apse by four solid timber panels and a rood bar with a crucifix in the midpoint. The apse space has been devoted to the diocesan shrine of Mary MacKillop.
The place is a significant landmark in the city of Brisbane, and it is also of considerable aesthetic significance for its high degree of design and craftsmanship, including decorative glass, ornamental cast iron, marble chimneypieces and cedar and yellowwood joinery.