Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mk II
Lens: Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
Exposure: 3 exposures (-2,0,+2 EV)
Focal Length: 15mm
ISO Speed: 100
Accessories: Manfrotto 190XB Tripod, Manfrotto 322RC2 Heavy Duty Grip Ball Head, Canon RC1 Wireless Remote
Date and Time: 23 September 2011 1.16pm
Imported into Lightroom
Exported to Photomatix
Tonemap generated HDR using detail enhancer option
Exported tonemapped image to CS5
Lens correction filter
Curves layer for contrast adjustment
Noise reduction layer
Re-imported back into Lightroom
Added keyword metadata
Exported as JPEG
All Saints Anglican Church, Wickham Terrace, Brisbane is the oldest Anglican Church in the City of Brisbane, first founded in 1862. The existing structure dates from 1869. For most of its history, it has been identified with the High Church or Anglo-Catholic tradition within Anglicanism.
The present church, was opened for worship on the Birthday of the Blessed Virgin Mary, 8 September 1869, although some alterations were still taking place into the early 1870s. Its style is nineteenth century Gothic Revival, with buttressed walls of rough faced rubble, porphyry and sandstone, and a metal clad roof. The interior has a fine example of a hammer-beam ceiling, which is rare in Australia.
All Saints’ Church has played a significant part in the story of Brisbane’s development into a city of culture and significance. Well-known identities who worshipped at All Saints’ in the nineteenth century included Sir Robert Ramsey Mackenzie, Sir James Dickson, (both of whom served as Premiers of Queensland, the latter becoming Minister of defence in the first Commonwealth Government), Mrs Mary Peattie, and the Hon. John Douglas. To this day, All Saints’ is regarded by many as the “Parish Church of the City of Brisbane”.
It contains the oldest stained glass in Queensland as well as other significant art works, such as the first public work of the acclaimed Brisbane sculptor, Daphne Mayo (the 14 Stations of the Cross).