Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mk II
Lens: Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM
Exposure: 3 exposures (-2,0,+2 EV)
Focal Length: 16mm
ISO Speed: 200
Accessories: Manfrotto 190XB Tripod, Manfrotto 322RC2 Heavy Duty Grip Ball Head, Canon RC1 Wireless Remote
Date and Time: 30 August 2009 1.08pm
Imported into Lightroom
Exported to Photomatix
Tonemap generated HDR using detail enhancer option
Exported tonemapped image to CS5
Lens correction filter
Curves layer for contrast adjustment
Selective noise reduction layer
Selective unsharp mask filter
Re-imported back into Lightroom
Added keyword metadata
Exported as JPEG
St Peter’s Cathedral is an Anglican Cathedral in the South Australian capital of Adelaide. It is the seat of the Bishop of the Anglican Diocese of Adelaide… The south face has similar features to the Cathedral of Notre Dame in Paris, including an ornate rose window above the main entrance which depicts stories of South Australia and the Bible.
The Cathedral’s interior is 203 feet (62 m) long of which Lady Chapel occupies 30 feet (9 m) and the nave and chancel the remainder. The nave is 59 feet (18 m) wide and, at the top of the spire’s crosses, the cathedral rises 168 feet (51.2 m) from ground level. Hammer dressed Tea Tree Gully sandstone—from what is now Anstey Hill Recreation Park— was used in the sanctuary, choir, transepts and part of the nave. Stone used for the quoins is lighter in colour and came from the same area as that used in the Adelaide Town Hall. The buildings base and some of the interior uses stone from Glen Osmond in the Adelaide Hills. Other parts of the cathedral use stone from New Zealand, Pyrmont, New South Wales and Murray Bridge.
The Reredos, behind the main altar, contains 23 coloured and gilded panels, carved figures and is 34 feet (10.4 m) high. The cathedral has significant, fine-quality stained glass windows. James Powell and Sons made three that were unveiled in the Lady Chapel in November 1900. The Southern transept window is the largest stained glass window in the Cathedral and was dedicated in August 1926. A window representing Saint Cecilia, patron saint of church music, was unveiled in 1876 in the pulpit side of the chancel, though by 1969 it was concealed by the organ.
In the western tower is the cathedral’s ring of eight bells, hung for change ringing… They were cast by John Taylor & Co of Loughborough England in 1946 and dedicated on 29 June 1947. With the tenor (largest) bell weighing over 40 long hundredweights (2.0 t) they are the heaviest ring of bells in the Southern Hemisphere, and the second heaviest ring of eight in the world after Sherborne Abbey in England.
The cathedral’s original organ was built in London, installed in 1877 and dedicated on 1 January 1878. It was used for over fifty years before relocation in 1930 to St. Augustine’s Church in Unley, South Australia. The current organ was built by William Hill & Son and Norman and Beard Ltd of Melbourne and London and was dedicated on 29 July 1929. It has an electro-mechanical action, and four manual and fifty speaking stops. It remains largely unaltered, though two minor tonal additions were made in 1989