St Peter’s Church lies on the outskirts of the village of Finsthwaite in the south of the Lake District National Park.
The church has been designated by English Heritage as a Grade II* listed building.It was built in 1873–74 to replace a chapel dating from 1724–25. It was paid for by Thomas Newby Wilson of Newby Bridge, the proprietor of the Stott Park Bobbin Mill.(See below) The church provided seating for 200 people, and cost £4,170 (£420,000 as of 2012).
Sony Alpha 350 DSLR 18-70 lens,single RAW tonemapped in Photomatix
Country Churches & Schoolhouses Dec 2012