Missionary Baptist Church of Cades Cove, Smoky Mountain National Park, Tennessee, USA
The church that is now standing here was built in 1915, but the congregation was formed 1939 when members of the Primitive Baptist Church who wanted to do more missionary work were expelled from the Primitive Baptist Church. As with some of the other churches in Cades Cove, the congregation did not meet during the civil war. Confederate sympathizers who were members of the church however, never did return. Sunday school was held in this church from 1898 up until 1944.
A special treat for those who visit here from March into early April is a planting of daffodils that spell out “CO 5427” that can be seen between the church and Tater Branch Crossing. These daffodils were planted the Civilian Conservation Corps 5427th company in the 1930s as they were building trails, roads, and bridges throughout The Great Smoky Mountains National Park.