*Missionary Baptist Church,
Cades Cove, Great Smoky Mountain National Park, USA –
interior shot with lovely bay window opening up to a view of the forest.
This church was formed in 1839 by ex-members of the Primitive Baptist Church. The church split and 40 of its members left because they favored Missionary work, an issue that divided Baptists everywhere.
At one time 114 members were enrolled here. This church, built in 1894 on Hyatt Hill, was moved to its present location in 1916.
Other works in the Cade’s Cove Collection: