[Angel Wings, beach, challenge, close up, coastal, County Donegal, evening, Inishowen, Irish, Lough, Lough Swilly, low tide, mollusk, peninsula, postcard, sand, sea, seashell, seaside, shell, tide line, Ulster, white, winners, Featured, four features, >500 >1,000 >2,000 >3,000 views ]
: Canon EOS 5D Mark II | Lens
: Canon 24-70 zoom f/2.8 (set at 65 mm)
- 27th April 2013 View Count reached 3,008
This shell was on the tide line on Fahan Beach on the Inishowen coast of Lough Swilly, County Donegal, Ireland.
After a sunny Spring day we were walking the tide line in the early evening and this was one of the little things I spotted along the way.
I am told shells like this are called “Angel Wings” in some places.
History of this Image at RedBubble
- 2 nd May 2011 Uploaded to RedBubble
- 23 rd May 2011 View Count reached 104
- 23 rd May 2011 Featured in Mornings & Evenings — Sunbeams & Storms
- 9th July 2011 Featured in The Weekend Photographer (when view count passed 200)
- 25th July 2011 Featured in Photography Challenge Group after finishing as runner-up in their Empty Shells challenge, (as the view count reached 250)
- 31st October 2011 View Count reached 500
- 11th November 2011 This image won the Bivalve Shells challenge in the Nature Photography Challenge group.
- 22nd November 2011 Featured in Nature Photography Challenge group.
- 3rd March 2012 Joint Winner of Minimalist Photography challenge in the “Through The Eye of a Lens” Group
- 29th September 2012 Favorites: 10; View Count: 2007; Features: 4
This is part of my new postcard range. You can follow on to another gorgeous Very Ireland Post card
Technical Photographic Detail
Camera: Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Lens: Canon 24-70 zoom f/2.8 (set at 65 mm)