Robert Stevenson Hawthorn 0-6-0t No.7684 “Nechells No.4” former Nechells power station locomotive.
The company was formed in September 1937 when Robert Stephenson and Company, which was based in Darlington took over the locomotive building department of Hawthorn Leslie and Company, based in Newcastle upon Tyne. The goodwill of Leeds locomotive builders Kitson & Co. was obtained in 1938.
RSH locomotive numbering began at 6939, this being the first number following the sum total of locomotives built by Robert Stephenson & Co. and Hawthorn Leslie, (6938).
RSH became part of English Electric in 1955.