St Mary´s Church, Ambleside, in the beautiful English Lake District.
Built between 1850 and 1854 in the Early Gothic style. The architect was Sir George Gilbert Scott. It was not as ornate as many Victorian churches, and was one of the first in the North to incorporate ideas from the Oxford Movement.
Unlike many Lakeland churches, it has a spire, and is built of sandstone which was more easily worked than the local slate.
Ambleside, a lovely little town, with oodles of charm, has become a major tourist resort in the Lake District of England.
BEST VIEWED LARGER
St Mary´s Church, Ambleside is a Grade B Listed Building. LBS Number: 450572.