Seen from the Plaza de la Universidad (University Square), the line of sculpture topped columns at the front of the Faculty of Law (Facultad de Derecho), part of the University of Valladolid (Universidad de Valladolid) in the city of Valladolid, north-central Spain.
In the background is the south tower of the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Holy Assumption (Catedral de Nuestra Señora de la Asunción), better known as Valladolid Cathedral.
The tower which sits on the side of the vestry, crowned with a 12m high statue of the Corazón de Jesús (Heart of Jesus) is an 1885 replacement for the original tower which was badly damaged in the Lisbon earthquake (1755), and which finally fell down in 1841.
Three bracketed RAWs Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro 4.2.4.
Camera: Sony NEX-7
Lens: Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III VC
BEST VIEWED LARGER
Featured in : Cover Shots : 5 Dec 12