Seen from the Plaza de la Universidad (University Square), the south-east Transept and south tower of the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Holy Assumption (Catedral de Nuestra Señora de la Asunción), better known as Valladolid Cathedral, a Roman Catholic Cathedral in the city of Valladolid, north-central Spain.
The tower on the side of the vestry, crowned with a 12m high statue of the Corazón de Jesús (Heart of Jesus), is an 1885 replacement for the original tower which was badly damaged in the Lisbon earthquake (1755), and which finally fell down in 1841.
Designed by Juan de Herrera, the Cathedral was consecrated in 1668 but remains unfinished.
Three bracketed RAWs Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro 4.2.4.
Camera: Sony NEX-7
Lens: Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III VC
BEST VIEWED LARGER