The village of Nimborio on the Greek Island of Halki (Chalki) is built around the harbour which fronts the Bay of Nimborio.
In the centre of the shot is the church of Agios Nikolaos (built in 1861). It has the highest bell tower in the Dodecanese.
The church of Agios Nikolaos is also famous for its wonderful mosaic courtyard, created with the use of black and white pebbles known as Cholkakia Mosaics. This method has been used in the Dodecanese since Byzantine times.
Camera: Canon EOS 450D (Digital Rebel XSi in the USA)
Lens: Canon 18-55mm IS
Single RAW image Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro.
BEST VIEWED LARGER