South Queensferry Harbour dates from the 16th century and was rebuilt in 1817.
Located 9 miles (15 km) west of Edinburgh, Scotland, the Forth Road Bridge spans the Firth of Forth between South Queensferry and North Queensferry. When it was opened by HM Queen Elizabeth II on the 4th September, 1964, the bridge was the longest in the world outside the USA.
The bridge is nearly 1828m (2000 yards) long while its main span, of 1006m (3300 feet), is the tenth longest in the world; its towers are over 150m (500 feet) high. The deck, which carries four lanes of traffic with two walkways, is suspended from cables which are 5.9cm (2.3 inches) in diameter and composed of 11,618 high-tensile steel wires, giving a total length of wire of 49,280 km (30,621 miles).
Along with the Forth Bridge (about half a mile to the east) these two bridges form the main traffic arteries north and south.
South Queensferry Harbour is an Historic Scotland Category B listed structure. HB Number 40371.
Single RAW image Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro 4.2.1.
Camera: Sony NEX-7
Lens: Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 Di III VC
BEST VIEWED LARGER