The Town Hall was designed by George Washington Browne and built between 1901-4. The building once also housed the former Carnegie Library.
A large and imposing classical building on an elevated site overlooking the town centre. Andrew Carnegie gave £5000 to the cost of this £10000 building and it was opened by his representative, Hew Morrison (Chief Librarian of the Edinburgh Public Library), on 14th September 1904. The tower clocks were made by H & R Millar of Edinburgh and are similar to those at Robert Adam´s Register House in Edinburgh. Local Bo´ness firms were involved in the construction: joiner and carpentry work by the Duguids, slating by Kilpatrick and painted decoration by Grant. An important part of the social history of Bo´ness.
The Glebe Park Bandstand was built by Walter McFarlane & Co Saracen Foundry and erected in 1902.
The Glebe Park Bandstand is an Historic Scotland Category B Listed Structure(HB Number 22353).
Single RAW image Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro.
Camera: Canon EOS 450D (Digital Rebel XSi in the USA)
Lens: Canon 18-55mm IS
BEST VIEWED LARGER