On the left, high on the clifftop stands the majestic ruin of Whitby Abbey and on the right is the entrance to Whitby Harbour.
There are two Lighthouses and two Beacons on the arms of the entrance piers, all with fixed lights, with the east beacon (on the right) showing red and the west beacon green.
The 25.3m tall West Lighthouse was built in 1835 and the 16.5m tall East Lighthouse was built in 1855.
The tide is out and tourists are taking the opportunity to enjoy the beach under the cliffs while others enjoy the coastal path on top of the cliffs.
Camera: Canon EOS 60D
Lens: Sigma 18-200mm
Three bracketed RAWs Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro.
BEST VIEWED LARGER