Dunkeld Cathedral is a building of two very distinct halves. Its east end is a rather attractive Parish Church; its west end, apart from the Bell Tower and Chapter House, a roofless ruin with a grassy carpet.
The Chapter House, under the Bell Tower at the west end of the Cathedral contains a museum with a graphic display outlining the history of the church and its community from Celtic times to the present day. Other interesting exhibits include the Apostles’ Stone, a fine 9th Century example of Pictish art, the Cross Slab from the 9th Century Monastery, the Old Bell, removed during the 1975 restoration and marble statues of the 4th Duke of Atholl and Sir Donald Currie the 1908 restoration benefactor.
Camera: Canon EOS 450D (Digital Rebel XSi in the USA)
Lens: Sigma 18-200mm
Three bracketed JPGs converted to HDR in Photomatix Pro 4.2.
BEST VIEWED LARGER
Featured in : Cover Shots : 29 May 12