Caledonian Railway 0-4-4T No.419
Shown here at Bo’ness, properly Borrowstounness, a town in the Falkirk Council area of Scotland, lying on a hillside on the south bank of the Firth of Forth. Prior to 1975 it was in the former county of West Lothian.
CR 419 was built by the Caledonian Railway Company at St Rollox Works, Glasgow, in 1907. The class was designed by J F Macintosh for branch line and suburban work.
Following withdrawal from service by British Railways in the early 1960s, the ‘Caley Tank’ was one of the first locomotives to be acquired by the SRPS and is the Society’s emblem.
A major overhaul was completed in 2000, since when No. 419 has been in regular use on the Bo’ness & Kinneil Railway.
Related shots can be found at: Lowland Scotland.
Best viewed Larger.