Lying at the East end of Princes Street, North Bridge was the catalyst which finally brought about a northwards expansion of the city with the New Town. It provided a link from the Old Town to the south. The original bridge was replaced by another built of steel girders by Sir William Arrol in 1895. This is now subject to the highest levels of protection as a structure of historical and architectural interest.
Camera: Canon EOS 450D (Digital Rebel XSi in the USA)
Lens: Canon 18-55mm IS
BEST VIEWED LARGER
Three bracketed RAWs converted to HDR in Photomatix Pro 4.1.4.
Some perspective correction and minor adjustments in Adobe Photoshop CS4.
Featured in : European Everyday Life : 24 Feb 12