The focal point of Linlithgow, West Lothian, Scotland, is the Cross, the main square overlooked by the magnificent Town House, built in 1668-70 to replace the original Tolbooth, demolished on the orders of Oliver Cromwell.
Altered over the years, it now accommodates the Burgh Halls (including the Council Chamber of the former Linlithgow Town Council) and the local Visitor Awareness Centre.
The ornate Cross Well, itself a replica of a 1628 original, was created in 1807 by Robert Gray, a one-handed stonemason.
Camera: Canon EOS 60D
Lens: Canon EF-S 17-85mm IS USM
BEST VIEWED LARGER
Three bracketed JPGs converted to HDR in Photomatix Pro 4.1.1.