Looking South, over the top of the Waverley Railway Station, from the top of the Princes Mall Shopping Center at the East end of Princes Street in Edinburgh, Scotland, to North Bridge and the Old Town.
Lying at the East end of Princes Street, North Bridge was the catalyst which finally brought about a northwards expansion of the city with the New Town. It provided a link from the Old Town to the south. The original bridge was replaced by another built of steel girders by Sir William Arrol in 1895. This is now subject to the highest levels of protection as a structure of historical and architectural interest.
The Old and New Towns of Edinburgh are a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Camera: Canon EOS 450D (Digital Rebel XSi in the USA)
Sigma 18-200mm lens
BEST VIEWED LARGER
Three sets of three bracketed JPGs (nine images in total) converted to HDR in Photomatix 4.1.1 then PhotoMerged in Adobe Elements 8.
Featured in : HDR Photography : 25 Aug 11