This typical Venetian bridge (Ponte Ca’ di Dio) which crosses the Rio Ca’ di Dio (channel of the House of God) in the sestiere of Castello, separates the Riva dei Schiavoni and the Riva De la Ca’ di Dio in Venice, Italy.
In the background, the 22m (72ft) Romanesque Campanile of Chiesa di S. Martino (St. Martin’s Church – named for St Martin of Tours) is thought to have been built between 1553 and 1619 when the church was rebuilt. The original church on this site is thought to date from 1026.
The whole of Venice and its Lagoon is designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Camera: Canon EOS 450D (Digital Rebel XSi in the USA)
Lens: Sigma 18-200mm
BEST VIEWED LARGER
Single RAW image Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro.
Featured in : Artists Universe : 30 Apr 11