The Palazzo San Giorgio in Piazza Caricamento, Genoa, Italy.
Complted in 1262, the Palazzo was the seat of the city’s power. Then it became the customs office; housing the powerful St. George’s Bank for about four centuries.
The section of the building shown was added as a wing in the 16th Century.
The lively frescoes have recently been restored and cleaned to the original designs.
Marco Polo was a prisoner here of the Republic of Genova and this is where he dictated his famous ‘Milione’.