Standing in the pretty village of Dalmeny, close to South Queensferry and the Forth Bridge is St Cuthbert’s Parish Church. St Cuthbert’s is the best preserved Norman Parish Church in Scotland.
Probably built in about 1160 by Gospatric III, Earl of Lothian, the grandson of Gospatric, Earl of Northumbria, who had fled into exile in Scotland following the Norman conquest of England.
St Cuthbert’s Church is an Historic Scotland Category A Listed building (Ref: 5570).
Shot taken 29th November 2010.
Camera: Canon EOS 450D (Digital Rebel XSi in the USA)
Lens: Sigma 18-200mm
BEST VIEWED LARGER
Single RAW image tonemapped in Photomatix Pro.
Related shots can be found at:
South Queensferry, Lowland Scotland and HDR.
Featured in : HDR Photography : 30 Nov 10
Featured in : Communities : 5 Dec 10
Featured in : Religious Architecture : 12 Dec 10
View the monochrome version by clicking on the image below: