Taken during the Edinburgh, Scotland RB meet (13 Nov 2010).
Greyfriars Kirk, today Greyfriars Tolbooth & Highland Kirk, is a parish kirk (church) of the Church of Scotland in central Edinburgh. The kirk stands on the site of a pre-Reformation establishment of the Franciscan order, the “Grey Friars”.
It is one of the oldest surviving buildings built outside the Old Town of Edinburgh, having been begun in 1602 and completed circa 1620. It sits to the south of The Grassmarket, adjacent to the rear of George Heriot’s School, itself founded in 1628. For many years, Greyfriars Kirk was divided into two places of worship — Old Greyfriars (erected 1614) and New Greyfriars (erected 1718).
The Old and New Towns of Edinburgh are a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Camera: Canon EOS 450D (Digital Rebel XSi in the USA)
Lens: Sigma 18-200mm
BEST VIEWED LARGER
Single RAW image Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro.
Featured in : Creative, Talented and Unknown : 17 Nov 10
Sold 1 Medium Framed Print : 21 July 14