Established 1812 by John Rennie, the hexagonal stone tower is 7m high with a conical top and central flue for ventilation of oil light. It is believed that the tower originally had a ball finial on the domed top and may have reached 8m.
A model of a boat under sail, which formerly served as a wind-vane on top of the lighthouse, is now preserved in the offices of British Railways, Waterloo Place, Edinburgh.
Camera: Canon EOS 450D (Digital Rebel XSi in the USA)
Lens: Sigma 18-200mm
BEST VIEWED LARGER
Single RAW image Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro 4.0.1.