This shot was taken at the start just before we set out on our walk. Looking West from the vantage point of Dean Bridge, the elaborate tower of the former Belford Road church, now being used as a hostel for backpackers.
On the corner of Douglas Gardens and Belford Road, now in use as Belford Hostel, the church was built in 1888 as the 2nd Dean Free Church (the 1st Dean Free Church was on Belford Road adjacent to Drumsheugh Baths), and become Belford Church in 1921.
The Old and New Towns of Edinburgh are a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Single RAW image Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro 4.0.
Camera: Canon EOS 450D (Digital Rebel XSi in the USA)
Lens: Sigma 18-200mm
BEST VIEWED LARGER