Craigellachie Bridge is a cast iron arch bridge in Speyside, Moray, Scotland and crosses the river Spey near the village of Aberlour. It was designed by the renowned civil engineer Thomas Telford and built from 1812–1814. The bridge has a single span of approximately 46 m and was revolutionary for its time, in that it used an extremely slender arch which was not possible using traditional masonry construction.
In 1972, it was replaced by a reinforced concrete bridge which carries the A941 trunk road today. Telford’s bridge remains in good condition, and is still open to foot traffic.
Related shots can be found at Bridges or Highland Scotland.
Best viewed Larger.
More views of this lovely little bridge can be found by selecting the icons below: