Dating from 1850, the Church Of Saint Margaret Of Antioch in the small town of Hawes, North Yorkshire, England is in an elevated position giving the church an excellent vantage point over the winding streets below.
St Margaret’s has a three-stage west tower that dominates the skyline. Inside, the church is enlivened by stained glass which includes a new Millennium window that celebrates the town’s 300 years as a market town (William III gave it its charter in 1699). The original parish bier (a timber-framed wheeled cart used for hauling a coffin) is displayed in the church and much of the furniture is by Robert Thompson.
Camera: Canon EOS 450D (Digital Rebel XSi in the USA)
Lens: Canon 18-55mm IS
BEST VIEWED LARGER
Single RAW image Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro.
Featured in : UK National Parks : 20 Jul 10