Out for a pleasant days shooting on a rather grey winters day on 7th February 2010 with some other RB members.
John Knox’s House is at the Netherbow, the halfway point in the Royal Mile and the site of Edinburgh’s medieval gateway.
The Netherbow Wellhead is one of a number of wellheads which once were the only means for the people of Edinburgh to access water. The wellhead was designed by Sir William Bruce (1630-1710) and built circa 1685 by master-mason Robert Mylne. This wellhead is the oldest surviving cistern of its type. It originally stood opposite Fountain Close in the High Street and was moved to its present site opposite Trunk’s Close in 1813.
The Netherbow Wellhead is a Category A Listed structure (HB Number 27901).
The Old and New Towns of Edinburgh are a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Camera: Canon EOS 450D (Digital Rebel XSi in the USA)
Lens: Canon 18-55mm IS
BEST VIEWED LARGER
Single RAW image Tonemapped in Photomatix Pro.