Situated at the foot of The West Bow, Victoria Street, Edinburgh, Scotland. Designed by Robert Milne and built in 1681, this was the first of the well heads built to supply water to the Grassmarket from the reservoir at Castle Hill (now the Tartan Weaving Mill).
The West Bow Well has a small iron door with the inscription:
The West-Bow Well
THE TOWN COUNCIL
Repaired and Altered by
Merchants West Bow
On The South Side is a drinking fountain with a carving of the Edinburgh Coat of arms and Edinburgh’s Motto:
NISI DOMINUS FRUSTRA (Without God Everything Fails)
The Old and New Towns of Edinburgh are a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Camera: Canon EOS 450D (Digital Rebel XSi in the USA)
Lens: Canon 18-55mm IS
BEST VIEWED LARGER
Single RAW image Tonemapped in Photomatix 4.1.4.